Oil Grabber – Model 4 Advantages
|OIL GRABBER MODEL 4|
Model 4 Oil Grabber Advantages
- A single unit elevates and separates oil
- Lifts oil any distance without the need of expensive pumps
- Maintains oil skimming efficiency with fluctuating fluid levels
- Can be used in depths as shallow as one foot, or as deep as 100 feet
- Requires no tank modifications in most applications
- Operates in turbulent liquid using optional tail pulley cage and tether assembly
- Easy mounting and fast cleaning, with minimal maintenance
Rugged Construction for Harsh Conditions: The Model 4 oil skimmer is designed to last for many years. With the proper configuration it can handle liquid temperatures up to 212°F, and the pH of the fluid can range from 3 to 13. Belts are specifically selected for your application (see Belt Selection page). The skimmer drive includes an oil filled gear reducer with bronze gears and ball bearings. The motor, reducer, and powder coated finish of the weldments give the Model 4 exceptionally long life, even under the harshest conditions.
Oil skimming makes use of the differences in specific gravity and surface tension between oil and water. These physical characteristics allow the belt to attract oil and other hydrocarbon liquids from the surface of the fluid. The Model 4 can be used in tanks with depths as shallow as one foot, or as deep as 100 feet.