- Easier to use and more accurate than chemical test kits DPD method
- ±0.1 ppm ±5% of reading accuracy
- Large, easy-to-read digits
- Auto shut-off
- Dedicated to a single parameter Designed to work with Hanna’s powder reagents
- Small size, big convenience Weighing a mere 64 g (2.25 oz.), the Checker®HC easily fits into the palm of your hand or pocket
- Use for quick and accurate on-the-spot analysis
- Single-button operation: zero and measure
- Swimming pools and spas
- Industrial processes and disinfection
Iodine is sometimes used as a disinfectant for swimming pools, spas and potable water. It has also found use as a disinfectant in the poultry industry. The rapid determination of iodine is required for adequate control of this bactericide.
The Hanna Checker®HC bridges the gap between simple chemical test kits and professional instrumentation. Chemical test kits are not very accurate and only give 5 to 10 points resolution, while professional instrumentation can cost hundreds of dollars and can be time-consuming to calibrate and maintain. The HI718 Checker®HC is accurate and affordable.
The HI718 Checker®HC portable handheld colorimeter features a resolution of 0.1 ppm and accuracy of ±0.1 ppm ±5% of reading. This Checker®HC uses a modification of the DPD method used for residual chlorine.
The contoured style of this Checker®HC fits in your palm and pocket perfectly and the large LCD is easy to read. The auto shut-off feature assures the battery life will not be drained if you forget to turn it off.
|Range||0.0 to 12.5 ppm|
|Accuracy @ 25°C/77°F||±0.1 ppm ±5% of reading|
|Light Source||LED @ 525 nm|
|Light Detector||silicon photocell|
|Environment||0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing|
|Battery Type||(1) 1.5V AAA|
|Auto-off||after ten minutes of non-use|
|Dimensions||81.5 x 61 x 37.5 mm (3.2 x 2.4 x 1.5”)|
|Weight||64 g (2.25 oz.)|
|Method||adaptation of the Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 18th edition, DPD method|